John Maxwell said that “clarity of vision creates clarity of priorities” so I wanted to start 2020 right and make vision planning for the next ten years. I know I could do this alone but it would not be as fun. So I invited a few friends —and my friends invited their friends and we had a vision board party. I tell you, five hours passed by so fast because we had so much fun.
Before we got started, we wrote down the top 10 things that we were thankful for the last decade 2009-2019. After that we used Young Living’s Envision Oil. Yes, because there’s an oil for vision planning. We made “scent tents” while we reflect about the milestone events of the last ten years of our lives. We shared with each other about our blessings during the last decade. We prayed for God’s blessings and provisions for the coming decade.
What’s a Vision Board? It is a display of items, pictures, quotes, words to help you visualize your goals.
Get Started & ask yourself these questions:
- How do I see 5, 10, 15 years from now
- What are my career goals?
- What are my financial goals?
- What are my personal goals?
- What are my health & wellness goals?
- Post inspirational items on your board.
- Collect clippings, pictures, quotes, words, photos, motivational quotes.
- Build your Board.
2. Be Creative.
- Add embellishments
- Personalize it.
3. Update your Board every now and then.
- We are continually evolving, our goals may change from time to time. Go back to your vision board and update it.
“Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.” Habbakuk 2:2-3
Yes, you can do a Vision Board Party too because doing this with a group is so much better than doing it alone. Cheers to the first month of the year!